Chiang Mai Zoo is a 200-acre (81 ha) zoo located on 100 Huay Kaew Road, Chiang Mai, Thailand, just north of Chiang Mai University. It is the first commercial zoo in Northern Thailand, and was established on 16 June 1977.
In 1950 the U.S government sent military advisers to train tribal police along the border of Thailand. Among them was Harold Mason Young, son of American missionaries, who had been born in Burma. Young started helping injured animals, and his collection started getting visitors. The Chiang Mai provincial government set aside 24 acres (9.7 ha) at the base of Suthep Mountain, and the facility was opened to the public in 1957.
Art der Sehenswürdigkeit:
Infos zu Geokoordinaten/Quellen:
Geokoordinaten (Y,X bzw. LAT,LON):
Koordinaten aus Wikipedia (zuverlässig)
Infos und Links: