Der Pekinger Baiyun guan (chinesisch 北京白云观 Běijīng Báiyún guàn, W.-G. Pai-yün kuan, englisch White Cloud Temple ‚Tempel der Weißen Wolken‘) ist ein daoistischer Tempel. Er ist Sitz der Chinesischen Daoistischen Gesellschaft (chinesisch 中国道教学会 Zhōngguó Dàojiào xuéhuì) und der Chinesischen Daoistischen Akademie (chinesisch 中国道学院 Zhōngguó dàoxué yuàn).
Qiu Chuji lebte hier lange Zeit und wurde hier beerdigt. Der Tempel ist der Hauptsitz der daoistischen Quanzhen-Schule (chinesisch 全真道 quánzhēn dào).
The White Cloud Temple or the Monastery of the White Clouds (simplified Chinese: 白云观; traditional Chinese: 白雲觀; pinyin: Bái Yún Gùan; literally "White Cloud Compound") is a Daoist temple located in Beijing, China. It is one of "The Three Great Ancestral Courts" of the Complete Perfection School of Taoism, and is titled "The First Temple under Heaven".
The White Cloud Temple was first founded in the mid-8th century during the Tang Dynasty, and was initially called Tianchang Abbey (天長觀; Abbey of Celestial Perpetuity). During this period, the abbey was state-sponsored and staffed by an elite clergy. From 1125 to 1215 when what is now Beijing was controlled by the Jin Dynasty, the abbey served as the Daoist administrative headquarters and played an important role in state ceremonies. After Beijing was taken by the Mongols in 1215, the abbey was taken over by the Quanzhen patriarch Qiu Chuji, and became the headquarters of the Quanzhen movement until the establishment of the Ming Dynasty. He renamed the abbey Changchun Gong (長春宮; Palace of Eternal Spring). In October 1222, Qiu gave his exposition of Taoism to Genghis Khan after a three-year trek from Shangdong after being summoned. Qiu’s successor Yin Zhiping (尹志平; 1169-1251) built a memorial shrine over Qiu's grave. This shrine became a temple in its own right called White Cloud Temple. The abbey was damaged when the Mongols took over in the late 13th century, and during Ming times the Changchun Gong disappeared. However, White Cloud Temple survived and took over the functions of Changchun Gong. During the Ming, monks from the Zhengyi school took over operations of the abbey, but continued Quanzhen traditions and ordination ceremonies. Zhengyi control over the temple continued until the 17th century, when their monopoly ended and the Quanzhen master Wang Changyue (王常月; ?-1680) took over. To this day, White Cloud Temple remains Quanzhen controlled. During the 20th century, the abbey was without an abbot for the 1940s, and was closed when the communists came to power in 1949. Unlike many other historical sites which were damaged during the Cultural Revolution, White Cloud Temple was well-protected and remained safe. Today it is again a fully functioning temple and is the seat of the Chinese Taoist Association.
Art der Sehenswürdigkeit:
Infos zu Geokoordinaten/Quellen:
Geokoordinaten (Y,X bzw. LAT,LON):
Infos und Links: